Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My time at home with the boys

Being a stay at home mom, albeit temporarily, is definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had. I can't believe I've only got a little more than a month before I have to go back to work. There are days where I don't get much done because just caring for the boys and trying to stay awake after being up all night with Alex (which certainly isn't all the time anymore, thankfully!!) is all I can manage. Other days we really get to have fun though. The following pictures are from last Thursday, which may be the last day we get to spend time outdoors this year. In the morning we went to story time at the library with our friend Lori and her two boys, Jackson and Mason. Ben left his sippy cup there, so in the afternoon we got out the stroller and Ben rode in that while I put Alex in the baby backpack and walked back to the library. When we got home it was so nice I put a blanket in the shade out back and we had a good hour with Alex being perfectly content, and I finally caught that elusive smile!!

Ben and Alex waving their arms around.

Ben reads while Alex lounges.

There it is!!!

And that one's even better!!!

More evidence that Ben loves his brother...

Yesterday was not such a nice day (really, none of them have been since last Thursday!!!). I decided to make some beer bread. Ben "helped." Okay, I did most of the work, but aren't the pictures cute?

Ben did pour the beer (but did NOT taste it!!)

And he did the preliminary mixing, too!!

No comments: