Monday, February 16, 2009

Ben the light-holder, can he hold it? Yes he can!

I went out to do a few things in the garage the other night, and Ben asked if he could come along. One of my tasks was checking the air pressure and inflating the tires on my Jeep. Since it is dark at this latitude in February at 7-ish in the evening, I needed light - enter Ben.

It seems that everyone remembers holding the light for their father. Being the light-holder has a complicated set of phases attached to it. According to my research, they are:

1. There's the good feeling of helping out.
2. The desire to have the more glamorous job.
3. The humble feeling of failing to hold the light in the right place.
4. Then trying to figure out how a light gets so heavy over time.
5. Then having your own child hold the light for you.

If I have left any out - let me know...

I think Ben was mostly in phase one, but may have flirted with phase two. He held the light in the right place, thus avoiding phase three. And, it was quick enough, so no phase four. Clearly, it will be a while before he can enter phase five.

Afterwords, we just hung in the garage and went "cruising" in the Chevy, and "worked" on it. Here are some pics to enjoy!

Going for a "ride."
Drivin'
"Where are we going, Ben?"
Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey...
"What's under here, Daddy?"
"I think I know why it isn't running, Daddy...

No comments: