Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Final Pre-Alex Blog

A couple of funny things from Ben...

~ I just went out to see what he was up to in the backyard. I asked him what he was doing. He replied, "I'm getting my tricycle situated." Yes, situated. Direct quote.

~ Took a ride in the Barracuda last week to Eldridge park. Upon arrival, Ben didn't want to get out. He asked, "Daddy, may I please sit in the Barracuda for awhile?" "Why do you want to do that?" "Because I do." Pause. Very matter-of-fact, "There's nothing better."

~ Earlier today Andy was assembling a new nightstand. The backing had little pock marks where the nails had to be placed, and Ben was handing nails to Andy as he went. Then he started placing the nails in these pockmarks, without prompting. Ultimately he helped Andy hammer some in, and he was so thrilled. He was so proud of himself.

Finally, I close with a photo of Ben and I reading. Note his hand resting on his brother (aka my belly).

No comments: