Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trip to Canada 2010

The four of us went up to White Lake to spend some time with my parents at their camp site last week. A great time was had by all! What a change from last year for Alex, who couldn't even walk at the time. He spent a lot of time running around between my parents' place and the Platts' across the way, playing baseball and soccer (in his own way). He also discovered that he is very capable of swimming underwater (well, going underwater, not so much swimming per-say). He even comes up with a smile on his face. Ben had a great time at the beach and in the pool, using some water wings for the first time and doing great (along with some modified flippers and a kickboard, he was totally outfitted!). Andy and I enjoyed ourselves as well -- he got to go golfing with my dad and a couple buddies, while I went water skiing (for the first time in over 15 years!). I definitely felt that the next day. We also enjoyed some campfires, a boat ride, a surprise birthday party for a friend, great food, and, most of all, fabulous company.

Finally, we have arrived!

Feeding Grandma some gold fish.

Coloring on a rainy day.

Ben and Grandpa get some rest together.

Alex chilling with Grandpa.

Please ignore the beverage - it belongs to Daddy.

Ben peeking out of the pool!

Finally he's willing to jump in again!

Ben waits with me pre-water skiing!

The following is a series of photos of me attempting (and eventually managing) to water ski. Note that that dock in the first photo gets farther and farther away despite the fact that I wasn't staying up for more than a second (if I even made it that far!). Eventually I made a pretty long sweep, before crashing again in the dreaded back bay (it's very shallow and mucky, but thankfully it wasn't so shallow that I ended up touching bottom - I'd have been mortified!!). The last photo in the series is one of that fall. I was so excited that I managed to go so far though - and had the aching muscles the next two days to prove it!






Waiting to go on a boat ride with Billy.




Yes, that's rain at the other end of the lake... and it was coming our way!

Racing the rain back to camp!

The storm coming on our last night at camp. It made for a nice evening indoors.

1 comment:

Family Scads said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I love the picture you holding the boys. Ben has the best "excited" expression! Can't wait to see that expression in person!