Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bonfire!

We spent the weekend of the 6th at my parents' house so we could go to my Uncle Rusty and Aunt Linda's big retirement/going away bash. It was Alex's first big trip. He did great in the car, but our nights were not well rested at all (then again, they aren't always well rested at home at this juncture, either!). He was really funny when we got to Mom and Dad's. He was wide awake (and ready to eat), and just looked all over when we went in the house, like he was checking out the new surroundings. It was really neat to see. He got to meet his great grandparents, my Aunt Mary Ann and cousins Meg and Erin, all of my mom's siblings, my friend Chrissie and her son Drew, and a bunch of our crazy Canadian friends. We all got to meet my parents British friends Mike and Doty, who came down from their vacation at the lake for the party at my uncle's. The weather was less than desirable, but we all layered up and had a nice time. The bonfire was impressive, Ben got to ride a tractor -- a good time had by all!

Alex admires his grandma.

Ben rides the John Deere with Uncle Rusty. He was one heck of a happy boy!!!

This photo is cool and kind of freaky... Ben in silhouette before the raging inferno my uncle created. Looks like something out of Firestarter...

Alex hanging out by the bonfire... He even got to nurse by firelight!

Ben and I as the fire dies down.

He had to say good night to the tractor!!

No comments: