Monday, April 7, 2008

My Hero

I stayed home with Ben today. He has croup and needed to get some sleep. When he got up and I changed his diaper, we had the following conversation:

me "How are you doing?"
Ben "I was sleeping on the bed and you were a fireman."
me "Did you dream that daddy was a fireman?
Ben "Yeah. I was stuck."
me "Where were you stuck?"
Ben "On the train. You came and got me on the train. You were a fireman and saved me."

Then he changed subject completely and asked me to make him bubbles. Now he asking if he can "try it." He wants to use the computer.

I titled this My Hero. Ben dreamed, or at least made up a story about me being his hero. Since he was born, and especially since Jake died, he has been my hero. Moments like these show me how simple true happiness can be.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yeah, he's my hero too. :)